Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm Back

I hope it wasn't too quiet here without me.
As you know, we took a little trip up to "cheesehead" country to
visit Miss Boots & Farmer MacBrown.

We couldn't have been welcomed any better by the entire family.
Carin & Dan (Linda's daughter & son in law) were so gracious & made complete
strangers feel right at home. Thank you both so much.

Her son Scott & his wife & of course "Sam the Man" were there.

Linda's Mother was so sweet & told me some stories about Linda when she was little.

Her sisters Bonnie & Susi & their families were just as nice & welcoming and told me some other stories(the real juicy ones) about our Miss Boots. Will have to use them to blackmail Linda later.

Her brother & his wife who just got back from his honeymoon were there.

Her grandchildren are all great kids.

I also got to meet her dear friend Shirley who really had some stories to tell.

Linda & Dennis... How can we thank you for going out of your way to take us to see all the
sights. All the wild life, deer, wild turkeys and even that bear that scared the heck out of me.
And the home cooked meals (Al will be forever grateful, he didn't have to cook) but I had him convinced for years that people didn't cook anymore, that they went out to eat. Now he knows that I was pulling his leg or just plain lying to him. Oh well, that's what vending machines are for.

Thank you also for all the delicious goodies you gave us.
Thank you for the laughs, sharing your family with us, but most of all thank you for your
friendship

Even though we have talked on the phone & our late night chats on goober, I am so glad that we finally got to meet in person, but I will always remember the first words that you ever said to me face to face. "Holy Shit".

No comments: